Caravelle Cutaways at the workshop in 1959
The models were cast in aluminum and featured interior lights, navigation lights (one in each wing and one in the vertical stabilizer) and spinning perspex ‘jetstreams’ in the two engines powered by small electrical motors. The weight of one of these models including the chrome display stand was close to 30 kilos.
This image was shot by an employee at the workshop in 1959 shortly before the models were shipped off to Scandinavian Airlines. They obviously marked a proud milestone for the factory and the employees, too.
Around 1966, some of these models were recalled to be repainted by Fermo in the new ‘SCANDINAVIAN’ livery. Today, the surviving examples are mostly to be found in museums.